Scala Software Developer
SentiOne supports brands in customer service automation using AI technology. From online listening and integrated contact centre to new-generation conversational bots.
Our team of world-class professionals, engineers, and analysts has been recognised by many awards, such as EY Entrepreneur of the Year or Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA. We build natural language understanding technology in cooperation with top European universities. Using datasets from social listening, our system can achieve high accuracy in processing conversations from any field. This allows developing exceptional conversational bots (both in text and voice channels).
SentiOne solutions have been used worldwide by brands such as Procter&Gamble, McDonald's, Nike, Unilever, Beiersdorf, Tesco, Starcom, Mindshare, Mediacom or Saatchi&Saatchi and many others.
This role is a career-defining opportunity for technology enthusiast who wants to take up the challenge and be a part of a world-class team of engineers in Gdansk. Product focuses mainly on social monitoring, customer service automation and chatbots. Most of the codebase is written in Scala.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Collaborating with your team in thinking big, imaging future solutions for challenging problems
- Creating high-standards code (in Scala)
- Working on defining features requirements
- Creating cutting-edge technical solutions for complicated problems
- Working closely with product owners
What You Need to Get the Job Done:
- Degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience in commercial software development
- Very good knowledge of at least one programming language: Scala, Java or C#
- Eagerness to learn Scala
- Basic understanding of functional programming concepts
- Knowledge about Design Patterns and good practices
- Experience with working on big projects
- Good knowledge of GIT versioning system
Nice to have:
- Experience with working on Unix-like systems
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Framework knowledge:
In exchange, we offer:
- The ability to work in a modern office Gdańsk Oliwa
- A competitive salary with a benefit package
- A position within a young and dynamic team within an international company
- A chance to gain and develop practical skills
- A high degree of autonomy and development opportunities
This offer is a unique opportunity to join a tight-knight team of fantastic people who actually enjoy their work :-) A flat hierarchy, a climate of innovation, and a friendly atmosphere - all of that is waiting for you at SentiOne!
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your current resume.
SentiOne is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, or physical ability. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us by LinkedIn, for an informal conversation.