Scala Backend Engineer
SentiOne supports brands in customer service automation using AI technology. From online listening and integrated contact centre to new-generation conversational bots.
Our team of world-class professionals, engineers, and analysts has been recognised by many awards, such as EY Entrepreneur of the Year or Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA. We build natural language understanding technology in cooperation with top European universities. Using datasets from social listening, our system can achieve high accuracy in processing conversations from any field. This allows developing exceptional conversational bots (both in text and voice channels).
SentiOne solutions have been used worldwide by brands such as Procter&Gamble, McDonald's, Nike, Unilever, Beiersdorf, Tesco, Starcom, Mindshare, Mediacom or Saatchi&Saatchi and many others.
Scala Backend Engineer (Gdańsk, PL)
JOB TYPE: Full time, Permanent
SALARY: 12 000.00 - 18 000.00 gross contract of employment
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE:
- Development skills in Scala or Java are essential. (minimum 2 years experience in commercial or scientific area),
- Interest and fondness for functional and reactive programming,
- Good understanding of the most popular concepts, data structures and algorithms used in distributed environments,
- Interest in mechanics of ElasticSearch or other indexing engines/NoSQL distributed databases,
- System design skills with solid testing approach and an eye towards scalability and robustness.
You will be responsible for:
- architecture design, development and optimisation of highly scalable and efficient system consisting of various web crawlers, complex data enrichment pipeline and over 120-node cluster of ElasticSearch 6.5
- design and implementation of focused crawling algorithms
- choosing the best text analysis and construction of effective queries on the data in ElasticSearch database, sometimes even going deep into the source code of ElasticSearch or its plugins in order to find the best solution
Our technology stack is right now based on Scala 2.12 and Java 10 (but it may be that we move to Java 11 by the time you join us;)). We intensively use reactive streams (Akka Streams) and queueing mechanisms (Rabbit MQ). You would work among fans of functional programming and nice, concise, clean code. We are fully responsible for the architecture and technologies we choose for our system.
- Work alongside top academic minds.
- Interesting problems on the cutting-edge of AI & Big Data.
- Ability to create international multi-platform high visibility products you can proudly show off.
- A relaxed and cheerful environment of successful, fast-growing tech startup.
- The best chair you were ever sitting on, big desk with a top-spec PC/Mac.
- Fully equipped kitchen with coffee and snacks, relax space with Vive VR and PlayStation, foosball table and even a swing.
- Office located near Gdańsk SKM Przymorze in modern air-conditioned building.
WHAT ARE OUR DRAWING CARDS:
- GREAT TEAM! Be prepared for a work in a young and extremely ambitious team. You can always count on support from both international and local colleagues for life.
- TOP-NOTCH EQUIPMENT. We provide everything you need - High-end MacBook Pro or powerful workstation and all other necessary tools.
- HEALTH & SPORTS PERKS. Private medical care covered in 100%. Plus MultiSport card and people who like to work out. Climbing, sailing, snowboard, gym? You will always find a training partner!
- FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT. We believe in a relaxed atmosphere and flexible working hours. There are chill rooms with Xbox/PlayStation, TVs, board games, etc. And our integration events are surely the ones to remember!
- DEVELOPMENT & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES. We develop within a flat structure. We create the opportunity to work on the unique product, up-to-date with the latest technologies.
Believe us - this is an opportunity to become apart of a team that is fun and friendly, but also eager to learn and focused on innovation. Flat hierarchy, open communication and a lot of space for personal development!
To apply for this position, please send an application with your up-to-date CV.
SentiOne is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, or physical ability. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us by LinkedIn, for an informal conversation.